How Could They Be So Wrong?
Students research the correct facts and draft an email to the All About Explorers site webmaster to fix the mistakes they discovered in Lesson 1.
After this lesson, students will
- be able to find accurate information to correct the mistakes they find in the biographies at the AAE web site
- be able to clearly and persuasively communicate with the site’s Webmaster how to correct the faulty biographies
Hard copy of this lesson plan Now You Try It #5 (PDF) Now You Try It #5 (Word)
- Prepare copies of the Now You Try It! worksheet #5
- Review all lessons, using subscription databases, subject directories and search engines, and validating web sites
Introduction to Culminating Activity
- Distribute worksheets and explain activity to students
- Discuss whether or not students will get to actually send their email.
- NOTE: The [email protected] email address is live, and if students send their letters to us, they will get a response.
Now You Try It!
- Students work in pairs to review the AAE page about their explorer
- Students select 3-5 facts to correct
- Research and locate correct information in at least two reliable sources: one print source and one Internet site
- Record sources and correct facts
- Students draft an email to the AAE site webmaster correcting their work