This WebQuest has three phases:
- The first step is to learn as much as you can about how we honor people with holidays.
- Note: your team will have a folder to organize your materials. Keep everything you do!
- You will be turning this folder in at the end of the project.
Choosing an Explorer
- The next step is to identify one explorer who is worthy of being honored with a new holiday
- Then you will learn about that person so you can design an appropriate celebration.
Developing Your Presentation
- The last step is to create a presentation for a committee of state legislators to persuade them that your plan for a new holiday should be adopted.
- The role of the committee will be played by a group of teachers and students from our class.